Kids In Christ (K.I.C.) Pre-K to 5th Grade
K.I.C. Ministry Leader
I would like to start by thanking you for your much needed involvement in the children’s ministry! As parents, you know the vital role that you play in the growth and development of your children and the Now Word Covenant Church Children’s Ministry (AKA: “KIC”- Kids in Covenant) is here to help. It is the vision of our church, that KIC be more than just a “baby sitting” service. Instead, we want each event to be a place where your children encounter God. And even more so, we want to encourage and empower you to raise your children according to Godly principles. We are here to empower families!
1. At all K.I.C events: drop off and pick up times are 15 minutes prior to and after the scheduled time of the event.
2. Your child will need a Bible for all events. (Please refrain from bringing, homework, books and toys to events with the exception of babysitting services).
3. Parents are expected to devote their time, talents and treasures to the Children’s Ministry.
4. Your Children will be rewarded with a variety of prizes to include toys, stickers and treats. If your child has any limitations or diet restrictions please be sure to let us know so we can find other ways to reward them.
5. Memorize the Emergency Number that is assigned to your family. This number will be used to notify you if your child needs you during service or other KIC events.
6. KIC has three basic rules: Respect, Never leave without an adult and Listen with your eyes, ears and heart! Your child will be reminded of these rules at every KIC event. Feel free to reinforce them at home and when dropping your child off.
7. Keep an eye on the announcements, KIC bulletin board, church calendar and church bulletin for upcoming events. (If your child is enrolled, expect e-mails too!!!)
8. Our KIC scripture is Jeremiah 29:11. (Don’t hesitate to have your child memorize this.)
9. Complete the surveys at the end of this packet to enroll your child in KIC!
10. Don’t hesitate to bring any questions, concerns or ideas to the KIC Leader.
Walking in covenant and growing in Christ!
“For I know the plans I have for you” says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly you will find me.”
We support the parents of our church to accomplish their purpose found in Proverbs 22:6- “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” We support the parents of our church as they mature their children in Christ (Discipleship) by discovering God’s purpose for their life (Worship) and developing social skills (Fellowship). We encourage our children to serve at home and in the church with excellence (Service). We teach them to reach other children for Christ (Evangelism), in order to maintain the kingdom of God on earth from generation to generation.
KIC will provide weekly Bible Studies as well as fellowships and other annual events for the children and families of our church. At each event children will be given the opportunity to learn about God, socialize and share with their peers. The children’s ministry will provide parents with resources, suggestions and ideas for raising their child “…in the way they should go…”(Proverbs 22:6). The ministry will facilitate parental involvement in all of our events and make efforts to encourage communication between parent and child.
In an effort to maintain a safe and healthy learning environment for your child, KIC has the following behavioral expectations:
1. The designated volunteers at each KIC event will be in charge of keeping order. At the beginning of each event your child will be introduced to those in charge and are expected to quickly obey the instructions they are given. The following rules will be posted and read at every KIC event.
- Respect one another– All the children are expected to respect the volunteers and each other through adherence to the rules and instructions. Violent physical contact, derogatory language and negative attitudes towards others will not be tolerated and will result in a note sent home to parents asking that the child not return to any KIC events for one week.
- Never leave without an adult – A child is never to leave a room or building without a designated volunteer or their parent (or parent approved guardian). After a KIC event a child will not be dismissed without a parent (or parent approved guardian) present [this includes Sunday school and empowerment classes.] Please pick up your child from any/all KIC events within ten minutes after the scheduled event end time. (For service time, this is within ten minutes of the benediction.)
- We listen with our eyes, ears and heart – Children are expected to come with a mind to learn and an open heart to participate. They should have a bible and folder (if you so choose) at every KIC event. Toys, other books, homework, electronics and other gadgets should be left at home.
2. Our corrective action plan will be implemented through a three strike system.
Your child will be rewarded points for the completion of at home activities. Each week points can be redeemed for prizes if your child has not been corrected three time during the course of the class. If your child has to be corrected three times, they will not be allowed to participate in prize time and you will be notified when you pick up your child.
** It is the vision of Now Word Covenant Church and KIC that ALL children are able to participate in the ministry events that are offered. If your child has special needs that go beyond what can be explained in the following forms, please contact the KIC managing leader to schedule a meeting. We would love to sit down with you and discuss how our ministry can accommodate your child’s needs. ***
The following is a tentative list of the fellowships that KIC may offer throughout the year
Resurrection Play- This time of year we give the kids the opportunity to learn about the death and resurrection of our savior through drama, dance and song. A member of our church typically produces and directs. The children rehearse on Saturdays, Sundays and Wednesdays. Keep an eye out for the announcements to find out if a play is in progress.
Summer Fellowship- This may be an in-town or out of town event. The theme and location will change every year but the goal of each event is to encourage family time and hold summer activities that are safe and God centered.
Back to school event- This event is always centered on blessing and encouragement for the new school year. Locations and themes will change from year to year but we want to give the kids some spiritual tools to make it through another year.
Outreach/community service event- We take this time of year to encourage our kids to reach out to the community. Events are subject to change each year and participation is optional. The goal of each event is to encourage families to serve God and their community together, in order to share God’s love and evangelize to those around us.
Christmas Play- This time of year we give the kids the opportunity to learn about the birth of our savior through drama, dance and song. A member of our church serves as producer and director and the children rehearse on Saturdays, Sundays and Wednesdays.
Happy Birthday Jesus- The goal of this event is to allow the kids to fellowship, learn the Christmas story and celebrate Jesus during this season. The location and theme of this event may change, but we want the kids to leave each year with an understanding of the true meaning of Christmas
KEEP AN EYE ON THE BULLETIN AND ANNOUNCEMENTS TO FIND OUT WHICH EVENTS ARE GOING ON EACH MONTH. IF YOUR CHILD IS ENROLLED IN KIC, AN E-MAIL OF EVENTS WILL ALSO BE SENT OUT EVERY COUPLE OF MONTHS TO LET YOU KNOW WHAT EVENTS ARE COMING UP.
The main goal of this ministry is to support parents as they grow their children in Christ. In an effort to accomplish this, KIC asks parents to agree to the following upon enrolling their child in KIC:
- Parents agree to be timely in the drop off and pick up of their children at all KIC events.
- Parents agree to support KIC with their time, talents and treasures.
- Parents are expected to serve in at least one area of KIC (to be determined at the time of enrolling their child.)
- If an area of service is not assigned, parents who drop off their child will be asked to sign up for a day to assist in the classroom.
- Parents agree to engage in conversation with their child concerning KIC events.
- Parents agree to pray fervently for their children and this ministry.
- Parents agree to bring concerns first to the KIC leader; if issues cannot be resolved we will speak to an Elder, and finally Pastoral or Administrative staff.
Our prayer is that parents will really internalize the importance of their involvement in their child’s life, not only at home but at school, in their extracurricular activities and at church as well. To facilitate parental involvement, we are asking for at least one parent from every family to sign up to serve in one area of KIC.
There are three simple steps to enrolling your child in KIC. First,
#1: Read the information provided on this website and feel free to ask questions!
#2: Then, fill out the survey in as much detail as possible. You are welcome to drop your child off at any KIC event that they qualify for (mostly based on age) as you are going through the enrolling process.
The benefit of enrolling your child in KIC is simply that by doing so, we will know your family better and be able to better serve you and your child’s needs. We look forward to being a part of your family!